Wednesday, March 15, 2023

The End


We knew that we wanted to travel when we retired.  Since longevity is not something in either of our families, we retired early,  We saw many wonderful sights, met great people, went to very good restaurants, and totally enjoyed our retirement.  We have been blessed to be able to do that.

Both of us now have health issues that prevent us from traveling.  Today we put Koko, our home away from home, up for sale.  I have shed a few tears over this.  Those of you that know me, know what a difficult decision this has been..  As much as it hurts, it is the right decision.

2 comments:

  1. That is the way I felt when we sold our Fulltime Home on wheels, but ended up with a smaller travel unit for some occasional get aways.
    We'll keep you in our prayers and still hoping to cross paths in our travels.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad to hear that you sold your keys... I wonder how long I can keep going myself? I'm 77 now, and know I should stop towing a car, anyway. But I'm leaving this Sunday to pick up my Lazy Daze from storage in Arizona, where it's been for the past ten months, after a long drive (without towing) slowly up to Oregon and back again. Had to replace the transmission along the way. I've loved my motorhhome life, and many winters in Mexico, but I know it has to end sometime, before I actually have a problem driving solo. I'm still healthy and able, but surely that will end before long. Sad.
    Kristin in Alaska

    ReplyDelete